What is an ElectricKit?
The ElectricKit is specially developed for use in the current Aga cooker and Rayburn oil-burning wick cookers. It is nearly twice as efficient at converting fuel into heat and immune from the problems of Low Sulphur Kerosene that every one is now supplied with in UK and Ireland under new EEC legislation, and requires no servicing.
Why should I fit an ElectricKit?
To save money ( a lot of it!!)
The ElectricKit will reduce your fuel cost by a minimum of of 33% (which could be 1000 Litres of oil per year saving, or more) and if the full design features of the ElectricKit are used correctly like the ability to turn it off when away or not required. Also the unique ability for it to separate oven and hobs , and each hob controlled independently.
on and off with a TIMER SWITCH some customers are getting savings of 60%+.
Must I use a time clock?
No, but a good time clock properly used will pay very well in cost reductions, even turning it off while you are asleep in bed over night can increase savings to 45%. The time clock puts you in control of your Aga cooker.
How much oil does my wick burning Aga cooker actually use?
A typical 2 Oven Aga cooker, no water heating, set to normal oven temperature of 220 to 240C ( The Black line) 24 hours per day uses 55 to 58 Litres per week typically or around 2800 Litres per year, at 60P per litre this is about £35 per week. If the Aga cooker has a water heater this rises to 65 to 75 Litres or about 3600 Litres per
year or about £45 week to run. 4 Oven Aga cookers use a little more than 2 oven Aga cookers but for rough calculations these figures put the issue in perspective.
Our home ElectricKit Aga cooker has used an average of 15.7Kw or electrical units per day and we use it for cooking every day we are at home. If we are away from home the holiday timer makes sure the Aga cooker takes a holiday too.
Does the ElectricKit effect the cooking?
We find it better to cook on because:
- The oven temperature is stable and copes better with with big oven loads, eg Christmas dinner
- The hot plate is hotter: it can be used to stir fry and can hold a rolling boil for ever! Also each hot plate is independent and can simmer and fry.
- The oven heats to roasting temperature from cold in around 1 1/2 hours
Does the ElectricKit fit my Aga cooker?
All Aga cookers from 1942 manufacture can be converted.
Does the ElectricKit need servicing?
Is the Aga cooker with an ElectricKit difficult to turn on?
No, you either turn the power switch “on” or let the timer start it. The rest is automatic, oven will warm up within 1 1/2 hours to set temperature, hobs take about 20 mins to warm up.
The advantages of an ElectriKit Conversion
- Highly efficient, completely Green
- No Flue required
- Economically efficient to run and will save between 33% – 60% (depending on how the cooker is used)
- Save up to £1000 \ €1175 per year
- Increased performance with a hotter hob (60c degrees more) and without loss of oven heat
- Faster warm up time
- Auto On/Off on a timer can be fitted.
- Perfect for holiday cottages/homes – can even be activated via the internet or using a smartphone.
- No annual service.
- Fitted in one day without mess or dismantling of the cooker and no disruption of existing kitchen fittings and furnishings
- Installation anywhere in Ireland and Northern Ireland. We have also installed in several other European countries.
- It is not affected by lowsulphur fuel that is now supplied in Ireland in accordance with new EEC legislation.
- You can generate your own electricity…and use it for free!
The Aga cooker & Rayburn Low Sulphur Fuel issues:
Low sulphur fuel has been causing increasing problems for traditional wick burning Aga cookers and Rayburn cookers whose performance regularly drops and consequently require a significant increase in servicing to keep them running.